- Egg white – 2
- Sugar – 110g
- Vanilla sugar 10g
- Black chocolate – 50g
- Nuts (almonds or walnuts) or sunflower seeds – 120g
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Whip 2 egg whites in a bowl with a pinch of salt till they become foamy, make sure that the whites have no traces of yolk and that beaters and the bowl are clean. Then, gradually add sugar and keep whipping till you get a thick and stiff cream. Stop whipping when the foam will start forming firm peaks. If the egg whites get over-beaten, the foam will become grainy and watery and can’t be used for baking.
- Chop chocolate and nuts. You can replace nuts with sunflower seeds. Add the nuts, chocolate and vanilla sugar to the bowl with the whipped cream. Stir the mass with a spoon to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Put cookies on a baking sheet covered with baking paper, make sure there is enough distance between cookies as they will get larger in the oven.
- Put the cookies in the oven preheated to 180°C and bake for 5 minutes. Switch off the oven and leave the cookies in the oven for at least 1 hour. Please, do not open the oven door during this time.
Enjoy the cookies!