- Fresh codfish or re-hydrated bacalhau (dry codfish) – 250g
- Cherry tomatoes – 200g
- Large red onion – 1
- Garlic – 5-6 gloves
- Cooked chickpeas – 1 cup
- Cilantro (fresh coriander) – 1/4 cup
- Lemon – 1/2 or 1 to taste
- Cumin – 1 tablespoon
- Sweet paprika powder – 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil – 1/8 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stir-fry onion and garlic in a large oiled pan until pale gold, 4-5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon cumin and 1 tablespoon sweet paprika powder to the pan.
- Put the codfish in a medium pan filled with 2 cups of water, add olive oil and cilantro stems, and cook for about 8-10 minutes on medium heat. Remove bones and skin of the codfish.
- Wash cooked chickpeas under cold water. Cut cherry tomatoes in 4 parts. Mix the chickpeas and tomatoes with shredded codfish in a large bowl. Add the fried onion and garlic mix, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with cilantro leaves.
Enjoy the salad!