- Medium eggplant – 1
- Extra virgin olive oil – 3-4 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Portuguese requeijão cheese (you can replace requeijão with ricotta) – 100 gr, at room temperature
- Raw walnuts – 3 tablespoons for the filling plus 1 more for the garnish
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise into thin slices, about 1/2 cm thick each. Sprinkle with salt and set aside for about 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, mix requeijão cheese, garlic, walnuts and cilantro in a blender. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Dry the eggplant slices with kitchen paper and grill for about 2-3 minutes until tender.
- To assemble the rolls, put the filling on each slice and roll tightly.
- Put the eggplant rolls on a platter into the oven preheated to 180°C and bake for 5 minutes.
- Top with chopped walnuts and cilantro.
The eggplant rolls are ready to serve. Enjoy!